I got to thinking about what it is that makes Virtual Assistants successful and what doesn’t. In my time coaching virtual assistants I’ve found some reoccurring themes for the downward spiral, and pretty much, if you’re not getting anywhere after being in business 12 months, you need to take a good hard look at one or all of the following 8 points.
Unsuccessful Virtual Assistants
1. They don’t research.
2. They have no idea who their market is.
3. They avoid networking.
4. They take shortcuts.
5. They are not prepared financially.
6. They have an employee mindset.
7. They don’t invest in their tools of trade.
8. They don’t invest in themselves.
Do you feel like you are at the point of no return? Well, there is always a solution, you just need to find what is going to work for you.
Break out your fav pens and notebook and go over the following 8 solutions and consider, what are you going to do to ‘set yourself up for the win, how will you create a business structure that will support you, how much money do you need to do what you need to do and so on?
Successful Virtual Assistants
1. Set yourself up for the win.
2. Create a business structure that will support you.
3. Be money savvy.
4. Invest in the tools of your trade.
5. Specialise in something be the SME
6. Design a brand that will get you noticed.
7. Build a website that is geared to your target market.
8. Know your worth.
Running a business doesn’t need to make you feel washed out, devalued and second-guessing yourself. My number one rule is me first. I have to be because if I don’t take care of my business, where am I leaving my clients?
So, where are you leaving yours? What are you going to do to give your business the boost it needs?
I’ve been helping Virtual Assistants build businesses that can change their life, book a discovery call to find out how you can change yours. Grab a copy of the Book of Lists, it’s the ultimate Virtual Assistant resource. Over 13 checklists for all areas of your business. Find out what it is, you’re not doing.