How’s business been lately for you, are you getting much business through your website, or is it a little quieter than normal, maybe it always been quite?
Put your customer | client hat on and visit your website as if through their eyes. What do you see, what can you find, is it what they would expect?
EA for a Day’s top 10 Website Must Have Tips
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is my website content clear, relevant and easy to navigate?
- Are my offers clear?
- Do I use images on my website to give a clear indication of my product offer?
- Do I have my full contact information?
- Are my site menus appropriate, accurate, do they work?
- Have I written my content for the end-user?
- Have I provided my prospective customers | clients with a call to action and is it clear?
- Do I allow for customer | client feedback?
- Do I offer a secure shopping environment?
- Do I | will I have a credible web presence?
Remember your prospective customer | client does not want to read page after page of text, use bullet points, numbering and headings to break up your pages and don’t forget to include photographs of your products. Who wants to buy a product when they can’t see what it looks like.
Whether you are building your site yourself or employing someone to do it for you, it is always a good idea to show your site to a few people who can provide you good constructive feedback before you publish your website to the Internet. Listen to them, and make any necessary changes. Not everyone likes criticism so be prepared and take on board what is said after all they are looking at your website with fresh eyes.
Remember keep your content short and to the point, include graphics and relevant information, you will keep your visitor engaged and on your site for longer.