True to form, things are not always as easy as we would like. Since writing my last blog post on Endorsements, I have been researching how to remove unwanted endorsements. I’ve spent time wading through numerous forums and blog posts that have given me a partial answer but not a complete answer. It’s been a rather frustrating experience, but I am pleased to say, like a dog with a bone, I didn’t let go.
So I’m happy to share with you what I found out, wait for it…
You cannot delete an unwanted LinkedIn endorsement without removing the skills. But you can …
Hide an unwanted LinkedIn endorsement. It does work, I’ve tried it out. So if you have unwanted endorsements that you want to remove, try this out.
- From your profile page select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down to the Skills and Expertise section and click the Edit icon.
- Click on Manage Endorsements. This is to the right of the Add and Remove (See the diagram below).
- Click on a skill in the left column to reveal the connections who endorsed you for that skill. You may need to use the scroll bar on the left side of the box to view skills further down in the list.
- Uncheck the box next to any people whose endorsements you want to hide.
- Click Save.
- Click Done Editing in the top section of your profile.