Grow your social media presence by creating quality relationships centred around your brand.
We all know that social media is about connecting with people. While its influence can be far reaching, social media marketing is not necessarily about the amount of people that see your brand. It is also about the quality of the relationships you build on social media platforms.
Social media offers unique opportunities to connect your brand with people you may not interact with offline. It is important that you be consistent with your brand image on social media just as you are with offline marketing materials, your website, your products and your physical space.
When you design your landing pages and social media profiles, ensure they reflect your brand. Use pictures, colours and logos that fit with the rest of your branding strategy so that people can easily connect with you offline too.
Content Tips and Examples
Next the content of your page should reflect your brand. Remember a part of your branding strategy is to have one thing that everyone thinks of when they think about your brand. How can your content reflect that one thing? Here are a few examples:
- Expertise: Post high quality, professional articles regarding your area of business. Offer tips and hints relative to your business. Seek to answer questions people are asking about your area of expertise.
- Share: Ask followers to share their issues or queries, answer them online. Build your brand awareness around your expertise. Show why you are the SME in your field. Chances are someone else is having the same problem as the person who asks the question.
- Transparency: Be transparent, your followers are trusting you to give it to them straight. No bull, or mucking around. Don’t waffle or push out posts just to get that extra like or comment. You won’t be able to keep it up.
Think about everything you post and ask, “How does this reflect our brand?”
In an article for the Huffington Post, Dave Brown, states “In my experience as a user, customer and digital strategist, open conversations mixed with memorable connections are the fastest way any brand can create a meaningful relationship.”
Inspire your community to start talking about your brand. Ask questions, post unique content and link to quality existing content, and be sure to include pictures. Always respond to any interaction your community is engaged in. Even if you don’t have anything to add, acknowledge comments or tweets with a simple thanks or a like. Acknowledgment will make your community feel heard.
The number one thing to keep in mind as you are communicating your brand on social media is that you are building relationships not just advertising.
How are you creating a community that is talking about your brand?
Top 5 Takeaways: Communicating Your Brand in Social Media
- Your social media platforms should be consistent with the rest of your marketing material
- All of your content should reflect your brand
- Find ways to get people talking about your brand
- Always respond to interaction from your community
- Quality relationships can be more significant than quantity